Naija News is a reputable news media company in
Nigeria seeking competent individuals to fill the roles listed below:
1. Role: News/Content Writers
We are looking for specialized writers for news, political, historical stories, election results, among other content, with a focus on states/geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
- Create factual stories from data, interviews, public records, or other journalists and reporters.
- Use your strong writing and organizational skills to harmonize information from various sources into a coherent and interesting story.
- Research and write stories from an unbiased point of view.
- Keep track of breaking stories for news writing and publication.
- Create stories that would spur an interest in readers.
- Must be a graduate
- Must have access to a computer, internet, and reliable power supply. Any previous experience in journalism will be a bonus.
2. Role: Business Reporter
We are looking for an enthusiastic and thorough business reporter that can analyze raw and comprehensible data for our audience.
- Analyze data and reports about newsworthy events using interviews, investigations, or observations.
- Develop relationships with experts who can provide useful tips and resources.
- Interpreting raw information and spinning newsworthy articles from them.
- Updating and using pertinent knowledge as it applies to your job role.
- Process information by calculating, analyzing, and verifying data for publication.
- Must be able to analyze data using computing tools.
- Must have 2 years’ experience or more in business reporting.
- Graduates will get prioritized.
3. Role: Sports Reporter
The correspondent will be based in Lagos and shall report local and international sport, particularly football.
- Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
- Reportorial and writing skills are essential.
- A good knowledge of international sport is an added advantage.
All interested candidates should forward their CVs and cover letter, stating clearly the desired role, to email@example.com