President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday removed Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (HoCSF), Mrs. Winifred Oyo-Ita and appointed Dr. Folashade Yemi Esan as the acting Head of Service.
Until her appointment, Esan was Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum Resources in Abuja.
Here are eight things you should know about her.
1. She graduated as best Bachelor of Dental Surgery student in 1987 at the University of Ibadan.
2. She was the Information Attach’e in the Nigeria Information Service Centre, Embassy of Nigeria, Abijdan, Cote d’ Ivoire from 1992 to 1995.
3.She was the Press Attach’e and Head of the Information and Cultural Service Centre, Embassy of Nigeria, Paris, France from 2001 to 2003.
4. She started her career at the Federal Ministry of Health and rose to become a director.
5. She served as Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Information, Federal Ministry of Education and Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources.
6.She rose to the position of Federal Permanent Secretary in 2012, serving first as Permanent Secretary, Service Policy and Strategy, Office in the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation.
7. She was Director Information in the State House Abuja from 2012 to 2014.
8. Yemi Esan served as Permanent Secretary in the Office of Head of Civil Service (OHOCSF), and in the Ministries of Information Education until her new appointment